Download Police Pocket Guide
Tools to help police and families partner together when youth are in crisis.
This guide contains the following information:
- What Families Need Police to Know
- Is there a Way to Understand Behaviors?
- Understanding the Family Experience
- What Helps Improve Safety for Youth
- Suicide Prevention
- Police Pocket Guide Resources for Families/ First Responders
PPAL (Parent/Professional Advocacy League) created this guide with assistance from Wayside Youth and Family Support Network in 2001. A grant from the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health paid for development and printing. The 2008 revision and printing were funded by grants from the Boston Foundation and the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership. The 2020 version was funded by the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health.