- This event has passed.
Parents of LGBTQ+ Youth Community Connection Session
January 8, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on January 8, 2022 at 10:00 am
As the holidays approach, many parents of LGBTQ+ kids wonder how they can keep their connections with their kids strong and reflective of their love and care. This season can be stressful, especially for families facing adversity, but it doesn’t have to be this way. We invite you to join us for a deep dive into introspection and reflection designed to help you cultivate the kind of relationship you want most with your child, and protect your child from distancing attitudes and beliefs that may be present in your family, culture, and community.
During our community connection sessions, you will be invited to set clear intentions for yourself as a parent of an LGBTQ+ child. The program will include an initial intention-setting session in November, with follow-up support in January. Please join us to experience:
- Meaningful connections with other parents who are walking the same path as you;
- Weekly, self-paced journal prompts designed to welcome curiosity and introspection in service of your connection with your child;
- A caring, confidential space where mistakes are met with compassion and encouragement;
- Practical, nonjudgmental, empathic developmental guidance from seasoned professionals; and
- A personal roadmap for your own strengths and growing edges as a parent of an LGBTQ child.
Saturday, November 13th, 10am-12pm in Worcester, MA or via Zoom
Saturday January 8th, 10am-12pm in Worcester, MA or via Zoom
Where: Worcester, MA or Zoom (location details provided upon registration and payment)
Cost: $100 per person for attendance to 2, 2-hour support sessions and weekly journal prompts. If this event is cost-prohibitive for you, please reach out to the organizers.
Register now: firstname.lastname@example.org