The mental health of children has been worsening during the pandemic, a critical issue that affects many families and children across Massachusetts.
One way to advocate for children’s mental health is by lighting up green in support of Children’s Mental Health Week this year!
Here at PPAL we’ve already started reaching out to bridges and large landmarks across Massachusetts to request them to light up green during the month of May — and you can help light up Massachusetts green by decorating the outside of your home with green string lights or garlands! Additionally, consider asking your town hall, fire department, or other local landmarks to light up during May.
When you’re done, photograph what’s being lit up green and send it to CMHWeek@ppal.net. We’d love to see what you end up doing!
2021 List of CMHW Lightings
- Boston Children’s Hospital – from May 2-8
- Burns Bridge – on May 6
- Fore River Bridge – on May 6
- Government Center – on May 6
- Longfellow Bridge – on May 6
- Post Office Square/Norman Leventhal Park – from May 2-8
- Rose Kennedy Greenway – from May 2-8
- Zakim Bridge – on May 6
- Franklin Park & Stone Zoo
- Boylston (library, town gazebo, Lion’s Club sign board) – from May 2-8
- Fitchberg – from May 2-8
- Gardner – from May 2-8
- Westminster – from May 2-8
- Springfield (Union Station/Union Station Garage)
- Lynn (High Rock Tower)